Do you have a Facebook fan page for your business?
Are you wondering how to improve your engagement?
How do you get more likes, comments and shares?
This all boils down to crafting awesome status updates.
Interesting status updates keep your fans engaged and active on your fan page.
The more engaged your fans are, the more your fan page will show up in their news feeds.
So your goal should be for your fans to:
- leave a comment
- like your status update
- share your status update
A simple case study
It encourages people to interact with my fan page, plus helps me do some market research.
This status update was a photo of a cotton candy necklace that I wasn’t sure I wanted to sell on my website.
I liked the idea but the design seemed too simple to be interesting enough for my customers to want to buy it.
So I asked my fans and they decided for me.
This post got 133 likes, 27 comments and 2 shares. A total of 2,260 people saw this post and at the time, I had only 2,200 fans.
People love giving their opinion if you ask for it.
You can do it yourself and it’s not hard to do at all.
Here’s a breakdown of the steps:
- Have a singular goal
- The purpose of your status update is to cover one specific idea
- Don’t introduce too many ideas, because you’ll confuse fans and they’ll be less likely to participate
- Post a question
- People love talking and giving their opinion!
- Make it simple, think of yes/no or this/that questions
- Questions drive comments
- The more people comment, it’s like they’re telling Facebook “hey, I like the content I see on this fan page, please show me their stuff more often”
- Include an engaging photo
- This helps catch people’s attention
- Make sure the photo is relevant to your question!
- Make it relevant
- Tie in your post to your brand
- You should have some good idea for who your fans are, what TV shows they like, where they hang out at
- Make your status updates related to those things!
- My brand, Tiny Hands, is very foodie oriented. It makes sense to talk about food and… cotton candy!
If you found this post helpful, don’t forget to leave a comment or share this post on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest!
This are all the good advices to increase the engagement on your Facebook page.
I personally suggest also to share 4 interesting news and 1 promoted product (with a link to the online shop) every day. This way more people will start to follow the page (for the interesting news) and then they will see the promoted products and so more people will come to your online shop.
It’s a guideline of the social media marketing. And it works for (a lot of) personal experience.
Personally, I advise daily promotion of 1 advertised product (with a link to the online store) and 4 fascinating news stories. As a result, more people will begin to follow the page (for the fascinating news), notice the promoted products, and visit your online store.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *